Friday 4 May 2012

winter essentials part 1 - clothing



okay, so winter is finally here. 

YES, we hear you loud and clear - the rain & cold can now officially begin.


these are the winter items that i bought during my seasonal 'shop for staples'. they are items that i believe needed to be added to my existing wardrobe in order for me to thrive during this my favourite season!!

i am going to have to divide this into 3 posts - 1 for clothing, 1 for beauty products and 1 for accessories.

today i will do part one, but before i begin i must confess that during this winter 'shop for staples' i suffered from a case of "ooh, i like - thats pretty - must get in as many colours as possible".
so you will notice many colours of one style but forgive me this once.


another thing you must be made aware of is that i am quite the avid shopper.
shoes being my main weakness although clothes aren't far behind.
i think the reason for my shoe obsession comes from the fact that i wear a size 8 - and most stores only carry 1 pair of size 8's in SA.
so, my logic is, if i see a stunning pair of shoes and they have my size i HAVE to buy them because if i think about it for a week they will be gone!! it has happened to me too many times.


once burnt, twice shy i guess.







i believe in matching - well to some extent...
i know it might not be 'cool' but its in my dna and thank goodness for the colour blocking trend because matching shoes and a coat or bag is now acceptable and not overboard nerdy.
dont get me wrong im not a perfect vision of matching and well co-ordinated outfits every day, but i do try my best.




CLOTHING

gorgeous coats from Studio W at Woolworths - bright orange, black and royal blue.


my coats and matching stack heels from Aldo's.


my stack heels from Aldo's - i just love the stability and practicality of the heel during winter.


trench coats again from Studio W at Woolworths and again with the classic black and a bright colour being aqua
matching stack heels from Aldo's


array of knitted jumpers - perfect for layering
black and white - woolworths,  chartreuse, salmon/beige/nude (awesome colour), magenta and royal blue - cotton on




fitted high waist skirts in a variety of ahmazing colours and patterns - cotton on
paired with opaque stockings in whatever colour, boots and your bottom half is ready to go.
especially for those cool but not rainy days in winter that we have in CT




post on beauty essentials to follow


* inhale luv .  exhale hate *



No comments:

Post a Comment