Wednesday 16 May 2012

winter essentials part 2 - beauty products


firstly, i must apologize for taking so long to post my second installment of 'winter essentials'
i have been in the process of frantically trying to look for a new apartment - long story - but we have just signed for a stunning place very near to where we live now.

we will be moving over the next few weeks so i will try keep up with my blog but forgive me if i am scarce.

ok, so moving along... beauty products that i find crucial during the winter months...
with this post i could go on and on and on but i have limited myself to only mentioning my ABSOLUTE necessities!!




i have recently discovered Cettua facial products (available at Clicks in SA) and so far they have blown my mind.
Cetttua - 1 minute spa cleansing mask
i use this 2-3 times a week to keep my skin feeling soft and hydrated as often winter
brings with it dry patches on my face and this is no longer an issue for me.

Cettua - Face Mate brightening patches / A&E patch
GREAT for those persistent dark circles under your eyes
i use these twice a week when i can see the effects of my work and stress in my mirror

nothing beats Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour moisturiser
any dry winter skin will quickly be fixed with a dollop of this
especially great as lip-ice and ESSENTIAL when travelling


Inglot - primer / under make-up base
this is a silicon based primer which i use everyday under my foundation
it gives a lovely smooth and silky finish without making your skin oily



these are the products that i use to create my 'everyday' face
however, due to my packing and disorganized state of my room - this is a picture of my summer make up, so one or two of the items are changed slightly in winter.
1. 'the pore fessional' by benefit for smoothing out any pores
2. 'eyecom' by benefit for brightening the circles underneath your eyes
3. 'you rebel' light by benefit - this is the tinted moisturiser i use in summer
in winter i use the inglot liquid foundation which gives more of a solid coverage yet is still very light in texture
4. 'boi ing' concealer by benefit which i use for evening out any blemishes
i also use 'erase paste' concealer by benefit for more solid cover of any nasties that might appear
5. 'posie tint' lip and cheek stain by benefit perfect for that 'english rose' look
6. matt bronzer by inglot for subtle sculpting of cheeks and face
7. an array of eyeshadows in neutral shades by inglot and mac great for a nautral 'smokey eye'
8. falsies mascara by maybelline (waterproof)
9. a great set of brushes for application
10. 'lustre gloss' in wildly lush by mac for adding a sparkle to your lips

L'Oreal elvive colour protect mask and conditioner
to ensure that my hair is always healthy looking and nourished


L'Oreal studio silk & gloss volume mousse
i have only recently discovered this product and i was very impressed
i have extremely thick long and heavy hair and although my hair is in a fairly good condition
my roots tend to get weighed down by the rest of my hair.
this s the perfect solution - a small amount massaged into my roots before blow drying and voila
VOLUME!!!


hope that this post was helpful if you're wondering what beauty products to choose this winter

post on accessories to follow

*  inhale luv .  exhale hate  *



No comments:

Post a Comment